Sign in to follow this  
Guest parallax

Once upon a time in Mexico...

Guest parallax

1 word:

Dreadfull.

I just saw it, and you're better of watching your mother getting undressed in front of 25 coked-up bus drivers.

My dear sweet lovin god.

I have never been so disappointed with a sequel in my life.

Dreadfull acting, pure dread. Terrible writing, full of holes and the story jumps up and down like no other.

At times, very poor editing. The whole movie breathes "Hey look, i'm cool, i use the hippest editing techniques of contemporary hollywood big sellers, all combined in a 90 minute Hype Williams cheesefest"

Robert Rodriguez, what have you done.

This film is 180 degrees seperated from El Mariachi, or even SpyKids for that matter. (ps. thats a bad thing)

The man is not even a shadow of himself.

For the budget wasted on this poor excuse of a C-Movie, they could have made El Mariachi 4152 times. Jeff Fahey makes better films then this.

I'm going to quit now, before i get a seizure.

Guest fredcamino

hmmm that's too bad. i was somewhat interested in seeing it. i was never a very big robert rodriguez fan until i saw spy kids 1 and 2. i don't know what kind of person it makes me, but i freaking love those movies. i though they were pure fun. i always found his films to be a bit excessively violent (even if the violence was only for kitsch factor, it still got old to me), so spy kids was a breath a fresh air. i was sort of hoping for more of the same from him.

Guest firemind

Parallax, I had the same feeling with Battle Royal II which I saw this week. My gawwwd what a shitty sequal. I think there should be a law against sequals :P

Guest Deano Krakel

well, can't say thats the worst movie I've ever seen, of course I really didn't expect much to begin with.

It did however have some great direction of photography,costumes and choice of location or maybe the movie was so bad those are the only elements that caught my eye.

It was more humor than anything else.

I suppose you have to be in the mood for a cheesey shoot em' up

kind of flic similar to Dusk til Dawn.

That same night I saw Alien4 'alien with an erection' 'alien resurection' whatever or how you fuc&n spell it- YIKES. Now that is THE worst sequal

I have ever seen, besides the cg of the cloneing lab it was pure trash.

Parallax, well put "25 coked-up bus drivers" lol. :lol:

Guest parallax

There are only "3" reasons to watch that film: Salma Hayek and Johnny Depp ( i found the latter a wee bit disappointing though..)

I know it is supposed to be over the top, but it was poorly executed IMO.

It lacks the acting and writing of an over the top film like Snatch, or From Dusk Till Dawn for that matter.

Rodriguez tried to pull a Kill Bill on us, he failed miserably though. He should hang out less with his buddy Tarantino.

I applaud him for his experimentation though.

Guest firemind

Gotta disagree on Alien 4 tho, the whole movie looks beautiful, as do all Jeunet's movies. Storywise it was meh tho.

Guest lowtech

In my opinion it wasn't that great of a movie. If it wasnt for cast, the movie would have been horrible. But for a quick low budget shooting it wasn't that bad. You should watch the special features on the dvd. They go over how the movie was shot from start to finish. How they cut corners of effects to save time and money.