Sign in to follow this  
Guest laughingcolors

Ipod question

Guest laughingcolors

sorry for posting it in here-- but i figure that many of you might have an Ipod-- well i've had one for a few months no problem but when i try to connect it to a PC or MAC, it gets to thea apple icon on the screen than sais ok to disconnect, or than it goes to charging... now, all of my songs are still on their, and it plays/charges fine, but i can't update it at all or add new songs.

thanks for any advice, and my apologizes for being in the wrong forum

Jon

Guest jasfish

my ipod did the same thing, 2 months after my warranty expired. apparently the soldering is pretty poor on the firewire connection. there's 4 places to solder, 2 that will charge and 2 that connect to your computer and allow you to transfer songs to your ipod. mine charges fine but i can't transfer any more songs to my ipod since those are the two (or one possibly) that broke off. mine was a first generation 5 Gig. i'm hoping the new ones work better because i really need to get a new one. HTH.

Guest laughingcolors

argh that soudns about right... have had problems with that before on other drives too, about the soldering.. damnit.

oh well at least my ipod's full of 9gigs worth of music

thanks for the tip

, just sucks that i bought it about 2-3 months ago

Guest jasfish

if you just got it 2-3 months ago it's still covered under ipods 1-year warranty. of course if you bought it on e-bay or second hand from someone you're pretty much screwed.

for such a seemingly simple fix it sucks they charge $250 just to look at it if it's not covered under warranty.

Guest laughingcolors

yea, i bought it through ebay-- but through a company-- but still i probably am out of luck-- called apple this morning, they wanted $50 to talk to me..crazy ... i am going to my friends place, where i knew it last worked-- he mentioned that it still for some reason shows up on his computer so mabye it just thinks it wants to be hooked up on that computer again.