Sign in to follow this  
Guest fredcamino

3D Model Resources

Guest tsoobick

That de espona site contains all the models from that those books that came out a few years ago: 500 3d objects (Taschen)-there are others in the series. They're a great value despite the fact that only a few models on the 2 accompanying cd's are hi-poly count. I was still able to build a very respectable housing development with the low-poly 2 story victorians. Don't miss out-low apr financing available. It's a growing community located in the heart of a beautiful low-poly city close to great shopping and several displacement map mountains.

No, seriously, those books are cool.

Guest scott frizzle

Digimation

These guys are expensive, but have some very high quality stuff. Cars are their speciality; they manually scan in cooridinates from actual vehicles (I'd kill myself if I had that job.)

Guest scott frizzle
3d02

61272[/snapback]

Wow, I didn't know about this one. Those cars are really good and cheap too.

One thing that's a drag about most model sites is that so few models are available in Cinema format. Cinema will take all the major model formats, but the textures always get hosed, and you have to spend hours sometimes getting everything re-textured. I haven't found a format that brings the textures through without issues.

Guest the_Monkey
Wow, I didn't know about this one.  Those cars are really good and cheap too.

One thing that's a drag about most model sites is that so few models are available in Cinema format.  Cinema will take all the major model formats, but the textures always get hosed, and you have to spend hours sometimes getting everything re-textured.  I haven't found a format that brings the textures through without issues.

61283[/snapback]

We've used 3d02 a lot and their cars are tight. Lightwave does a pretty seamless job of importing with textures, unfortunately 90% of the digital world seems to be modeled in 3D Studio Max... which creates ugly triangulated blobs in c4d.

-m

Guest Sao_Bento

I've never understood why people who sell their stuff on Turbosquid, etc. aren't smart enough to realize that they would have a much bigger available market if they would just use something other than the .MAX format. Despona, especially - I'd buy that guys library in a second if it were a usable file format.

Guest scott frizzle
I've never understood why people who sell their stuff on Turbosquid, etc. aren't smart enough to realize that they would have a much bigger available market if they would just use something other than the .MAX format. Despona, especially - I'd buy that guys library in a second if it were a usable file format.

61312[/snapback]

Amen. I've been ready to purchase many models in the past only to move on when I found out that they were available only in .MAX format. Another 2 minutes of work and the potential market at least doubles...