Sign in to follow this  
Guest the_Monkey

Robotic Snakes

Guest the_Monkey

My buddy had sent me a google video of this new swimming snake robot that's been traveling around some of the larger geek sites.

Little did I know that more googling would reveal snakerobots.com. I've tried to do some snake-ish motion studies in the past and it was rather difficult to break a snake's form into smaller visual pieces (their motion becomes eerily hypnotic). There are several movies on this website that make it a little easier to see what's happening since you can see (and count) each of the robotic segments.

Too small to track, but I thought somebody around here might find it remotely useful.

:)

-m

Guest christianchoice

that is wicked, not to mention a little freaky.

swimming in a pool on a quiet sunny day, then you see this thing swimming toward you......

and then its Anaconda all over again.

Guest schlagzeug

How long will it be till Sony makes these robots you can scare your sister with?

No, wait, no more Sony robots. :(

Guest PlayerHater

so now when they make Anaconda 5 the snake will be even more amazing.

:blink:

Guest the_Monkey

They call them tentacles, but they behave more like an elephant's trunk. This video of robotic tentacles is part of DARPA's BioDyonics program (Biologically Inspired Multifunctional Dynamic Robots).

And if you were wondering when suicide bombers were going to be replaced with cockroach guided explosive robots... the answer is... soon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gwZD59Ic9T8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eg5%20EvrSdsHg

-m