Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1der

Introducing 1der

Guest pixelronin

I couldnt fully see the first one, the monitor im on is a bit off...color wise..

But the truck animation was going ok until it transformed and attacked the other. I'm not a 3d person, so ...

2 cents

keep at it....

--pixel

Guest atslopes

I couldnt fully see the first one, the monitor im on is a bit off...color wise..

But the truck animation was going ok until it transformed and attacked the other. I'm not a 3d person, so ...

2 cents

keep at it....

--pixel

hahahah keep at it!!

Guest Beaver

These are hilarious dude. Keep them coming. I'm not sure why, or how, but these are just awesome - and I'm totally serious.

"This is what happens when you leave your house."

Yes!

Guest 1der
I think you should ditch your use of ambient occlusion

what the f*#k is ambient occlusion? i'm new to this.

Guest palmer

Ambient occlusion is a shading method used in 3D computer graphics which can help add realism by taking into account attenuation of light caused by obstructive geometry. Local shading methods like Phong shading do not take into account such global information; by contrast ambient occlusion is a global method, meaning the irradiance a point p has a relationship to all points p' in the scene. However, it is a very crude approximation to full global illumination, considering only the visibility function and cosine term. The appearance achieved by ambient occlusion is similar to the way an object appears on an overcast day.

Ambient occlusion at a given point is proportional to the projected solid angle subtended by all objects in a scene with respect to the hemisphere around that point. The ambient occlusion Ap at a point p on a surface with normal N can be computed by integrating the visibility function over the hemisphere Ω around p:

A_p = \frac{1}{\pi} \int_{\Omega} V_{p,\omega} ( N \cdot \omega ) \, d\omega

where Vp,ω is the visibility function at p, defined to be zero if p is occluded in the direction ω and one otherwise. A variety of techniques are used to approximate this integral in practice: perhaps the most straightforward way is to use the Monte Carlo method by casting rays from the point p and testing for intersection with other scene geometry (i.e., ray tracing). Another approach (more suited to hardware acceleration) is to render the view from p by rasterizing black geometry against a white background and taking the (cosine-weighted) average of rasterized fragments. This approach is an example of a "gathering" or "inside-out" approach, whereas other algorithms (such as depth-map ambient occlusion) employ "scattering" or "outside-in" techniques. Another approach which exploits graphics hardware uses multiple orthographic renderings of an object for a number of sample directions. A cosine weighted contribution is added to elements of the object which are visibile from a given direction.

In addition to the ambient occlusion value, a "bent normal" vector Nb is often generated, which points in the average direction of unoccluded samples. The bent normal can be used to look up incident radiance from an environment map to approximate image-based lighting. However, there are some cases in which the direction of the bent normal is a misrepresentation of the dominant direction of illumination, e.g.,

Ambient occlusion is related to the problem of surface accessibility, and is a special case of accessibility shading, which determines surface appearance based on how easy it is for a surface to be touched by various elements (e.g., dirt, light, etc.). However, ambient occlusion has mostly been popularised by its recent use as an efficient production technique by computer animation studios and global illumination renderers such as RenderMan.

Guest 1der

interesting stuff! cheers for the explanation- cant say that i understood it completely but i got the jist of it. I dont think that i should ditch my use of ambient occlusion, i like it!

Guest silatix

theres no fucking cursing around here, mr. sneaky

Edited by silatix