Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kone

Going public

Guest Kone

So FM old buddy, when is this place going public? It's a bit lonely with just you & me and all the bloody rest lurking (you know who you are!)

Guest firemind

Well, I wanna fill a bit more of the resource sections and get a proper style for this board. The default is icky :/

You know me tho, it could take a while :P

Guest mig

Sorry guys, only just finally registered. I promise to try not to lurk hehe ;P

FM, you gonna do sumthin fancy or keep it simple?

Guest firemind

Keep it simple. I know myself, if I go and do something fancy it'll take forever. Once the thing is public I can always refine. I just need to get rid of the default skin. Not that it's ugly, but a default board is so lame ;)

Guest firemind

Aight, still got some rough edges to take care of, but it's ready to face the public.

Guest acetone

Hey man, seems like you created a needed place and it will be interesting to follow, but maybe you should make a poll about who likes this pink or not. Personally I think it hurts my eyes, too much white and pink going on. It just seems too loud and bold right now (in a bad way). I've run the same kind of forum before and hope you take the crit peacefully, I didn't mean to rip into you too bad :)

Thanks for work putting this up

Guest firemind

Thanks for the feedback!

I will eventually get to adding a more neutral skin. It seems half the ppl like the current one and half are left with bleeding eyesockets ;-)

As for a poll, feel free to create one!

Guest firemind

OK, as a quick fix I've added the 'boring' skin. It's exactly the same as the normal one except bars and texts are now black. When I have time I'll do a proper one which would include the logo and the smilies.

Go to your profile to pick this skin if you want.

Hope this helps :)

Guest vinteg

i glad that you finally went public with the mograph forum firemind. I found out about this site from a link at cgtalk.com. Finally a place for motion designers everywhere!

Guest Kone

So we need to get the word out some more about this site. I know Firemind put out a notice on most CG/video boards and a few mailinglists, but what can *we* do?

Guest smedly

Great board!!

I have been looking for something like this for some time.

I have my own board that I just started. Not a lot of traffic yet but I would be happy to post a link to this board.

Jay

Polyrich Forums